Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blue skies in Newcastle


There was a lot to love about Newcastle. The deep blue ocean baths, Darby Street (thank you Miss Jodi!), bircher on the beach, park snoozes and the sense that something is well and truly underway in the city and surrounding suburbs. At first the streets seemed a little deserted but I think that's Newcastle's little trick. There's lots to explore if you're happy to nose around...

*breakfast here and sit up at the panoramic window overlooking Newcastle beach
*oilcloth goodies, great courtyard cafe and a spunky looking lady behind the counter here on Darby Street...and while you're in the vicinity, poke around in this beautifully styled shop
*swim or float about in one of two of Newcastle's ocean baths
*book at table at this charming but unassuming tapas restaurant
*if you're lucky you might catch these local crafty markets

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for a fun weekend, looks great. PS. I put a teaspoon of each of the spices in my curry mix. Sorry, I'm a wog we don't do measurements too well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun weekend, I love pottering around new places and making little discoveries like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Newcastle tips! I've been meaning to go for ages, but I've only ever driven through it quickly. Will have to check it out soon. x

    ReplyDelete