Thursday, October 6, 2011

40 weeks

40 weeks

It was my Granny's birthday yesterday so Mum and I went to put some flowers on her grave. Bluebells and lilacs. I haven't been to her grave as a pregnant lady so I imagined her seeing me in all my 40 week glory. I think she would have been pretty thrilled.

This last week I have just felt a bit slow. Not as many adventures out of the house - apart from a stroll around the village or down to the coffee shop. Days are spent doing some gardening (on all fours, pulling out the moves for the little one to wriggle down), progressing the quilt, catching up with old friends on the phone, and watching The Wire (awesome, no?) at nights with K and a bowl of ice cream. It's rather lovely, this being on maternity leave business.

Blissed out on a pre natal massage yesterday, and although it's probably stretching the budget to do so it's been such a lovely indulgence. I've had one every fortnight since about 34 weeks and I'm booked in for an induction massage next Wednesday if the little one is still wriggling about in there.

I'm still feeling Braxton Hicks contractions every day, and perhaps they've stepped up in frequency, but it still feels like there's a few days to go at least...

16 comments:

  1. 40 weeks, wow!! I'm excited and I still have a week and a half to go so you must be super eager! Love the baby's room - everything is so gorgeous. I have some felt ball bunting in my nursery inspiration folder too - was going to try making it myself but saw yours and was wondering where you bought it? Love the aqua blanket on your feeding chair too and the colourful rainbow is very cute.

    I too have just pottering around the house - have promised my Mum I won't drive anywhere along which means I'm pretty housebound, but I'm enjoying having the time to do little activities with Grace and to work on crafty projects I haven't had the time to do up until now. Take care, am eagerly awaiting your news x

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care over the next few days. i have been thinking of you. x georgi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting ... 40 weeks - WOW, you look amazing!
    The massages may be a special treat but oh so worth it.
    And I agree - very cute baby room indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indulge your little heart out, lady! Take it slow, be kind to yourself. Rest up - you've both got a big job ahead of you!

    Love the peek of the nursery, especially the pom pom garland :)

    Happy birthday to your dear Granny... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the time that you have to do all the things that you love! Super cute nursery. Can't wait to see pictures of the baby :) Soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's so exciting...I read your comment and popped over not sure if i'd find you were still a lady with a bump, or a bundle of joy. Treat yourself to those lovely massages lady, you deserve them.

    And the nursery's looknig awesome too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh how did 40 weeks come around so quickly?! LOVE the baby's room, would love to see more! All the best with the last few days of pregnancy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby will born so close to your gran's bday -- nice :) Love your blog. Maybe you've even had the baby already? Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((((((((om)))))))))))) to you and baby. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a feeling someone's a Mum...?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. 40 weeks- wow you look wonderful- love the nursery, those toys look like so much fun I want to play.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look beautiful, and hooray for birthday conversations with long-lost grandmothers. I'm sure she would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats :) hope you have a safe delivery and a healthy new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thinking of you .... xxx georgi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Over a week since the last post...i'm with Claire...has Bub arrived? xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just realised there was a bit of a blogging hiatus on your part and am thinking there just may be a wee little person who is taking up your time. Fill. Us. In x

    ReplyDelete