Saturday, January 12, 2013

Canberra: The Oaks Brasserie and English Garden

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Freshly baked date scones, dappled light from a cluster of birch trees, creamy coffees, creaky floorboards inside the 1920s cottage gallery, a white picket fence, sheltered courtyard garden tables (at a distance of more than 2 or 3 arm spans - love!),  a skip and a jump to a heritage nursery, an enchanted woodland with a soft leafy carpet for endless games of make believe, bird calls and waddling ducks.

On magically sunny days this is where we love to be.

Do you plan to visit Canberra during the Centenary? I thought I might pull together a few posts over the next couple of months with some family-friendly places around town that we often explore. I don't know about you, but I always love to travel with a few local recommendations up my sleeve... 

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of one of our favourite haunts, The Fremantle Arts Centre... shady trees, gardens to explore, amazing buildings and a cafe. Saskia's outfit is lovely. I adore her shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'm nowhere near Canberra, I would love to see some of your favorite places around town! (You know, for if I can ever organize an overseas trip in my lifetime!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their website is so sweet - I loved the "We do not do fast food, just great food as fast as we can." S' dress is so cute too, love how intrigued she is with the leaf. Always open to travel recommendations! Our university does a few exchanges to ANU so..you never know! x

    ReplyDelete